When it's time for your transaction, don't hire a big firm to train a team at your expense - hire experience.
Business Legal Services Seattle
George T. Cowan serves as outside general counsel for local and regional entities, and local counsel for national and international clients. As a Seattle business lawyer with over 30 years of experience, he offers the following to his clients:
- Structuring, negotiating, and documenting relationships among business entities, including joint ventures, partnerships, and other co-ownership structures, and between clients and their distributors, representatives, employees, consultants, contractors, licensees and licensors, creditors, vendors, clients, and customers.
- Representing buyers and sellers in the acquisition and divestiture of business entities and operating units, including structuring transactions and negotiating and drafting letters of intent, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, asset purchase and sale agreements, stock and securities purchase and sale agreements, and all ancillary documentation, including opinions regarding authority and enforceability under Washington law.
- Entity formation, including simple and complex structures involving joint ventures, partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability companies, and professional service entities, including preparation of articles of incorporation, bylaws, shareholder agreements, and voting trust agreements for corporate entities, agreements for partnerships and limited partnerships, certificates of formation and operating agreements for limited liability companies, and joint venture agreements.
- Completion of all documents and forms to qualify newly formed entities and foreign entities in Washington State with all state agencies, obtaining special contractor’s and other licenses, and satisfaction of county and municipal filing requirements; state registration of trade names; issuance of stock certificates and certificates of LLC ownership; and addressing preliminary federal tax matters relating to election of entity characterization for federal taxation and assignment of employer identification numbers.
- Maintenance of entity minute books, preparation of minutes of annual and special meetings and/or consent resolutions, maintenance of stock and LLC ownership registers, and services as registered agent and stock transfer agent.